Sentence Center’s Class Policies
Make-Up Class Policy
Since our classes are usually full, we unfortunately are not able to offer any make-up classes. However, if you notify us that you will be a missing class using this online form, we will be happy to email you the lesson and assignment that your child will miss.
Refund / Cancellation Policy
Before enrolling, please make sure that your child can attend all, if not most, of our classes. We do, however, understand that scheduling conflicts may arise and priorities may change. If you wish to cancel your enrollment before the session begins, you may request a refund for your tuition.
- To cover credit card processing costs and opportunity costs of holding a class spot, we will deduct a cancellation fee (20% of each child’s full tuition) from your refund.
- After we send out your refund check, we will close your account with us. This will preclude future enrollment.
Once a session begins, we do not offer any partial refunds, and you will have to forfeit the rest of your tuition.
Tuition Credit Policy
Instead of requesting a refund, you may request a credit towards a future session.
- All credit requests must me made at least one week before a session begins. Once a session begins, we will not honor any refund or credit requests.
- Tuition credits will expire 6 months after the date of the request.
Schedule Change Policy
If you need to make changes to your class schedule, please request a schedule change at least one week before a session begins. If we have available spots in your desired new class, we will contact you. Schedule change requests are not guaranteed. Once a session begins, switching classes will not be allowed, as we expect all our classes to be full.
Your child does not need to bring any materials on the first day. We will be providing everything needed for class. If your child is a returning student, he/she should bring his/her Sentence Center binder.
We expect our students to do light homework to complete the writing process and reinforce their learning.
- For 5th to 12th grade students, expect around 30 minutes of typing homework after each class.
- For 1st to 4th grade students, homework is optional.
We constantly evaluate our students by providing them with written and verbal feedback about their writing. Instead of attaching percentages or letter grades to their work, we share constructive criticism during our classes and after our sessions. We have seen that giving writers practical comments and concrete suggestions for improvement is far more effective than handing out scores or rubrics.
Drop off / Pick up
Please go directly to the 2nd floor (Suite 232) of:
1860 El Camino Real, Suite 232
Burlingame, CA 94010
You will need to sign in/out your child to our attendance log. If you anticipate being late, please call us at (650) 993-4003.
On occasion, Sentence Center will use photos taken of your child’s class on our website and promotional materials. No names will be attached to these pictures. Please contact us if you do not want pictures of your child to appear on our website and promotional materials.
For our One-to-One Tutoring Policies, click here.