Frequently Asked Questions
Any more questions? Please contact us.
Additionally, around 90% of our students enroll in a full session after trying a Drop-in Writing Class.
However, if you notify us of a missing class using this online form, we will be happy to email you the lesson and assignment that your child will miss.
- To cover credit card processing costs and opportunity costs of holding a class spot, we will deduct a cancellation fee (20% of each child’s full tuition) from your refund.
- After we send out your refund check, we will close your account with us. This will preclude future enrollment.
- All credit requests must me made at least one week before a session begins. Once a session begins, we will not honor any refund or credit requests.
- Tuition credits will expire 6 months after the date of the request.
As our classes are also collaborative, our younger, less experienced writers get to learn from the older, more skilled students. Conversely, the older students get to mentor the younger ones and teach them through example.
We currently offer five writing class levels:
- Early Writers (Kindergarten)
- Basic Writing (1st & 2nd grade)
- Elementary Composition (3rd & 4th grade)
- Essay Fundamentals (5th & 6th grade)
- Advanced Essay (7th to 9th grade) - Summer Only
If you are looking for more in-depth one-to-one instruction, please check out our One-to-one Tutoring page.
- For 5th to 12th grade students, expect around 30 minutes of typing homework after each class.
- For 1st to 4th grade students, homework is optional.
Students learn and retain new vocabulary words when they repeatedly use them in their writing and speech. As such, we provide flashcards with multiple middle level, upper level, and SAT-level words that students should incorporate into their essays.
If your child needs help with basic grammar and writing conventions, please contact us.